Back pain is very common. In fact, it’s estimated that 80% of us will experience it at some point in our life. These simple measures can help your back stay healthy and reduce the chances of developing pain:
1. Exercise your back regularly. Walking, swimming and exercise bikes are all excellent ways to strengthen your back muscles.
2. Always bend your knees and your hips, not your back.
3. Never twist and bend at the same time.
4. Always lift and carry objects close to your body.
5. Try to carry larger loads in a rucksack and avoid sling bags.
6. Maintain a good posture. Avoid slumping in your chair, hunching over a desk or walking with your shoulders hunched.
7. Use a chair with a backrest. Sit with your feet flat on the floor or on a footrest. Change how you sit every few minutes.
8. Stop smoking. It’s thought that smoking reduces the blood supply to the discs between the vertebrae and this may lead to degeneration of these discs.
9. Try to lose any excess weight.
10. Choose a mattress suited to your height, weight and sleeping position.
Click here to find out more about our BioFeedbac™ Back Support Belt. It is the result of 35 years of clinical research by Professor Pope, the world’s leading authority on spinal disease and treatment. Designed to maintain the back’s natural posture and alignment, it uses corrective patented BioFeedbac™ therapy which may help to:
· Relieve back discomfort
· Reduce muscle tension
· Improve your posture
· Prevent further injury
Posted in Newsletter Articles
By Daisy Nicholson-Lailey