Keeping your mind active
21 Nov 2012 09:22:26
Researchers believe that many of the age-related changes that affect the mind, such as memory loss, are actually related to lifestyle. Just as muscles get flabby from sitting around and doing nothing, so does the brain.
Learning something new is a great way of exercising the brain and helping it stay younger. It can also provide opportunities to meet people and make new friends.
Other activities that can help you keep mentally sharp include:
- Games such as crosswords, sodoku, chess, Scrabble, draughts and cards
- Keeping physically active
- Reading newspapers, magazines and books
- Going to plays, concerts, museums and galleries
- Hobbies such as jigsaws, painting, sewing, carpentry, cooking and gardening
- Learning a new language
Click here to visit our ‘relaxation and hobbies’ products.
Posted in Cosyfeet Blog
By Andrew Speed