Our top ten uses for Lavender Oil
8 May 2015 15:31:02
More than just a pretty smell, Lavender is probably the most well-known of all the essential oils. Here are some of the ways you can use this versatile oil:
- 1. Add a few drops of Lavender oil to your bath water. You’ll be surprised at how quickly it helps ease away stress, tension and muscular aches and pains. If you prefer to shower, you can achieve the same effect by adding a few drops of Lavender to a sponge or flannel.
- 2. Place a few drops of Lavender oil to the inner cardboard tube of toilet paper and the scent will be released with each use.
- 3. Diluted Lavender oil also makes a good household disinfectant. Use to wash floors and clean work surfaces and the inside of your fridge.
- 4. If you have difficulty sleeping, place a few drops under your pillowcase and it will help you relax and nod off.
- 5. If you suffer from headaches or migraines, dab a few drops directly onto your temples or add a few drops to a cold compress to your forehead or the back of your neck.
- 6. For beautifully scented clothes or sheets add a few drops to the final rinse when washing.
- 7. Add a few drops to a cotton wool ball and place in your shoes overnight to remove any odours.
- 8. Lavender oil makes an excellent insect repellent – just put a few drops onto a cotton wool ball and place close to open windows and doors and it will keep the flies at bay.
- 9. If you have a dog or cat place a few drops onto their collar and it will help keep away fleas. If you have an ants nest you can sprinkle a few drops of Lavender onto it and just watch them run for cover.
- 10. Lavender is one of the few essential oils that can be applied sparingly onto the skin direct and it is an excellent first aid remedy for small cuts, scratches, burns, insect bites, wasp and bee stings. Dab a small amount directly onto the affected area and it will quickly help soothe the itching, relieve pain and prevent infection. It is also great for treating spots in the same manner.
Click here to find out more about our Pure Lavender Oil.
Posted in News
By Andrew Speed |