We’ve got some exceptionally comfy socks in our range but this has got to be one of our favourites. In fact this is a sock that has everything going for it!
Its luxurious softness is down to the Mohair, a silk-like yarn made from the hair of the Angora goat. As well as feeling incredibly comfortable this clever fibre is naturally lightweight, insulating and breathable, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer.
Mohair is also very stretchy so these socks won’t restrict your circulation and are a joy to wear if you have tender or swollen feet. The fibre’s natural elasticity also ensures that the socks maintain their shape.
Because Mohair fibres are so soft and smooth, they’re perfect for sensitive skin and ideal for the very elderly. They are also great for anyone who has poor circulation, chilblains or varicose veins. The smooth, cuticle structure reduces the chance of chafing or blisters while the NEW external toe-seam means there’s nothing to rub or irritate sensitive feet.
Despite their softness they are incredibly hardwearing and strong. This is due to Mohair’s natural flexibility which allows twisting and pulling without breakage.
Medi socks are resistant to foot odours as the smooth fibres don’t trap bacteria which causes smelly feet. They’re also cleverly mixed with soft, fine-knit Bamboo fibre. This has a natural, anti-bacteria deodorising agent that keeps the foot feeling fresh without causing skin allergies.
Mohair’s natural wickability means that moisture is easily absorbed and perspiration is wicked away from the foot, keeping it dry, comfortable and fresh.
The added mix of Mohair and Merino Wool in the heel and underfoot gives extra comfort and cushioned protection.
This technically-advanced sock is made by Cape Mohair®, the largest Mohair sock manufacturer in the world. Their philosophy of quality and perfection ensures that only the finest Mohair socks are produced to guarantee all year-round comfort.
These socks come with a warning; they’re so soft and comfy that you may never want to take them off again!
Why you’ll love Cape Mohair® Medi Socks...
- Blister resistant: The smooth, cuticle structure of the Mohair fibre used in Medi Socks results in a smooth surface, reducing chafing and blisters.
- Graduated compression leg: No ‘elastic bite’ at the top, together with the natural stretchiness of super-soft Bamboo and Mohair, provides graduated compression over the foot and calf. This also prevents the socks from restricting circulation.
- NEW external toe-seam: The external toe-seam means there’s nothing to rub or irritate sensitive feet. Even if your feet aren’t sensitive, you’ll appreciate the extra comfort.
- Moisture management: Mohair’s natural wickability means that moisture is easily absorbed and perspiration is wicked away from the foot, keeping it dry, comfortable and fresh.
- Anti-bacterial and odour resistance: Medi Socks incorporate Bamboo fibre which has a natural anti-bacteria deodorising agent called Bamboo Kun that keeps the foot feeling fresh and, unlike chemical agents, won’t cause skin allergies.
- Thermal balance: Medi Socks natural fibres keep the foot cool and comfortable in hot weather as well as warm and snug in cold conditions.
- Durable and long-lasting: Mohair is a hard-wearing animal fibre so you’ll find these socks will go on and on!
- Ethically produced: Creates jobs and helps maintain rural livelihoods.
What’s so special about Merino Wool?
- Merino are a breed of fine-wool sheep. Their fleece is known as the ‘Rolls Royce’ of Wool by the clothing industry and is often used in high-end, performance athletic wear.
- Merino Wool is very comfy to wear as it’s lightweight and soft.
- It’s breathable and has in-built climate control, keeping you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot.
- It wicks moisture away from your feet, so they stay fresh and dry. It’s also naturally antimicrobial, deterring bacteria and odour so no more smelly feet!
- And as it’s a natural fibre, it’s great for people with sensitive skin as it won’t irritate.
Please note, these socks are not designed for heavy walking.