Protecting leather footwear
- We recommend you regularly treat leather footwear with shoe protector to protect it from water and guard against stains.
Cleaning & caring for leather footwear
- Wipe footwear clean with a damp cloth and allow it to dry fully before using a good quality shoe polish or shoe cream in an appropriate colour. Apply with a suitable cloth, rub in until absorbed and then buff up with another cloth. A neutral polish is sensible for all colours.
- If your footwear gets wet allow it to dry naturally. Don’t put them in the airing cupboard or near a fire or radiator. Stuffing them with newspaper or tissue will help ensure they maintain their shape whilst drying.
Protecting Patent footwear
- We recommend you regularly treat patent footwear with shoe protector to protect it from water and guard against stains.
Cleaning & caring for Patent footwear
- Remove any dirt with a damp cloth using a mild soap if needed. Dry with a lint free cloth.
- Shine your shoes (once they are dry) by rubbing on a small amount of mineral oil or petroleum jelly with a cotton ball in a small circular motion. Buff any excess away with a lint-free cloth.
- Minor scratches and scuff marks can be removed using a light application of acetone-based nail-polish remover. Dip a cotton swab into the bottle of polish remover and rub over the scuffed area with gentle strokes.
Click here for our Shoe Care Products.