Inspired by the fantastic summer weather, we’ve rustled up some simple but delicious recipes to help you enjoy some alfresco dining:
Honey and Mustard Grilled Chicken
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. brown sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or chicken wings
- In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and brown sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes.
2 medium courgettes
1 large red onion
250g of halloumi cheese cut into chunks
16 cherry tomatoes
For the baste:
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Halve the courgettes lengthways, then thickly slice. Cut the onion into wedges and separate into pieces. Thread the halloumi, cherry tomatoes, courgettes and onion onto eight skewers. Cover and chill the kebabs until you are ready to cook.
- To make the baste, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, mustard and seasoning. (This can be made ahead and chilled.)
Preheat the barbecue or grill and arrange the kebabs on the rack. Brush with the baste, stirring it first to make sure the ingredients are blended. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often, until the cheese begins to turn golden and the vegetables are just tender.
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 x 500g pack of beef steak mince
I tsp. Dijon mustard
1 pinch of salt
4 white rolls
1 beef tomato, sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened and starting to turn golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the beef mince with the mustard and salt. Add the onions and mix well. Use your hands to shape the mixture into 4 patties.
Cook the burgers on a preheated barbecue or griddle for 5-6 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, lightly toast the cut-sides of the buns on the barbecue. Fill with the lettuce, burgers and tomato slices.
Click here for a refreshing salad and drinks to complete your meal!
Compete your special look with our summer limited edition colours!
Posted in Cosyfeet Blog
, Cosy Creativity
By Daisy Nicholson-Lailey