You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
Enjoy eating outside
12 Jun 2014 09:54:17
National Picnic week 16th - 22nd June
Beautiful countryside, a rug laid out in the cool shade of a tree and a wicker basket packed full of goodies. Picnicking is one of the UK’s most enjoyable summer traditions and is a great way of taking advantage of any open spaces in your local area over the warmer months of the year.
National Picnic Week takes place from 16th – 22nd June and people throughout the country will be gathering up their picnic accessories and finding any excuse to eat in the great outdoors.
According to the National Picnic Week team, these are the top 15 spots in the UK to enjoy a picnic:
- Barafundle Beach – Pembrokeshire
- Brownsea Island – Dorset
- Avon Valley Country Park – Bristol
- Formby Beach – Merseyside
- Somerset House – London
- Devil’s Dyke – East Sussex
- St Herbert’s Island – Derwentwater, Cumbria
- North Pennines
- Bodmin Moor – Cornwall
- Corfe Castle – Dorset
- Rievaulx Abbey – North Yorkshire
- Gibside – Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- Glenkiln Sculpture Park – Dumfries and Galloway
- Padley Gorge – Derbyshire
- Top Withens – Haworth, Yorkshire