You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
Healthy footwear for healthy feet
1 Sep 2016 10:05:54
If you have swollen or very wide feet it’s important to wear extra wide fitting shoes that won’t pinch or rub. As well as ensuring that footwear is wide and deep enough, there are other factors that contribute towards creating a healthy shoe.
According to the Healthy Footwear Guide, of which Cosyfeet is a member, footwear needs to meet the following criteria if it is to be considered healthy:
- Toe box allows normal foot function
- Adequate width and depth for foot function
- Sole encourages normal foot function
- Soft flexible upper and lining
- Stable heel of approximately 25mm
- In shoe climate which promotes a healthy environment within the shoe
- Shoe provides reasonable cosseting
- Shoe retains its fitness for purpose
- Shoe must offer good foot retention
- Availability of product advice
- Outsole grip meets industry standards