You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
National Gardening Week
17 Apr 2013 10:55:06
Help keep Britain looking beautiful!
National Gardening Week runs from 15-21 April. It was launched by the Royal Horticultural Society to get the nation involved in gardening and to understand and enjoy its benefits.
Throughout National Gardening Week, thousands of people across the country will come together to help keep Britain beautiful by sharing and celebrating everything about gardens and gardening.
Communities and organisations will be hosting garden open days, garden parties, quizzes, plant swaps along with a wealth of other activities. You can even organise your own event.
Here are some ideas from the RHC for organising your own gardening event:
- Open your garden to visitors
- Hold a garden party in your local community garden or park
- Run gardening talks or demonstrations in your garden centre, community hall, or other public space
- Volunteer with your local RHS Britain in Bloom group
- Celebrate the week in your workplace by bringing the outdoors in, with beautiful plants and flowers
- Transform an unused or neglected space in your area (with permission from the owner)
- Get kids gardening and sign your school up to the RHS Campaign for School Gardening for free
- Open up your allotment to visitors and maybe even hold a kitchen garden tutorial
- Organise a plant swap
- Organise a group visit to a local garden
To find out more and to get involved visit www.nationalgardeningweek.org.uk