You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
A Spring Clean for Your Feet!
2 Apr 2017 10:30:00
We often ignore our feet during the winter months so they may not be looking their best. If that’s the case, don’t worry because we’ve got some simple tips to ensure they’re sandal-ready when the warmer weather finally arrives.
1. Start by washing your feet every day in warm soapy water. An anti-bacterial soap will help keep your feet smelling sweet as it combats the bacteria which causes foot odour.
2. If you have hard skin on your feet, very gently remove it with a pumice stone or foot rasp but only do this once a week to avoid taking off too many layers of skin. If the skin is very hard or painful, we recommend you make an appointment to see a podiatrist.
3. When your feet are completely dry, apply a moisturising cream but avoid going between your toes as too much moisture can encourage athlete's foot.
4. If you’re cutting your toe nails, avoid cutting them too short and don’t cut down the corners as this can lead to in growing nails.
5. If you wear nail polish, to get it looking perfect, place the paintbrush in front of the cuticle then push back towards it until you almost touch the skin. Then make one clean stroke towards the front of the toe. Do a similar stroke on one side of the toenail and then one on the other side.
Please note, if you have diabetes it's important you get your feet checked regularly by your doctor or health clinic.
Click here to see our range of creams and lotions for feet.