You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
Ready, steady... bake!
15 Oct 2015 09:55:12
What are the benefits of home baking?
It’s National Baking Week (15th – 21st October 2015). The aim of the week is to get Britain baking and sharing. As well as baking a few cakes of our own, we’ve been looking at the benefits of baking at home.
- 1. Home baked goods are often fresher than shop bought ones which tend to contain preservatives.
- 2. You know exactly what is going into home cooked food and it’s often healthier thanks to a simpler ingredient list.
- 3. You can modify recipes and experiment.
- 4. It’s often cheaper than shop bought goods, especially if you buy your ingredients in bulk.
- 5. You can cater for special diets such as gluten or lactose-free.
- 6. It’s fun and a great way to pass on skills to younger family members.
- 7. It gives you a sense of satisfaction and a good excuse for a get-together!
- 8. It’s a great way of using up excess crops such as apples, plums or rhubarb.
- 9. Homemade cakes are guaranteed to bring a smile to the faces of your family, friends and work colleagues.
- 10. It’s a good stress-reliever - doing something ‘hands-on’ such as kneading dough can have a calming effect.
Do you have a favourite recipe you’d like to share with us? Simply click on the comments link below. We’d love to hear from you.