You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
What’s so special about 2016?
8 Jan 2016 10:00:41
Find out why 2016 is a great year for sport lovers, royalists and monkeys!
- 1. 2016 is a leap year which is great if you’re born on 29th February as you get to celebrate your birthday on the actual day!
- 2. The Olympics and Paralympics, the biggest sporting events on the planet, take place in Rio de Janeiro this year.
- 3. According to the Chinese calendar it is the year of the monkey. People born in the year of the monkey are thought be intelligent, witty, and inventive.
- 4. The United Nations has designated 2016 as the ‘Year of the Pulses.’ It aims to heighten public awareness of the nutritional benefits of pulses as part of sustainable food production.
- 5. Queen Elizabeth II turns 90 in 2016! A special event at Windsor Castle has been planned to celebrate this milestone birthday.
Posted in Newsletter Articles