You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
Our top tips for a healthy back
7 Oct 2015 11:18:34
Look after your back
From 5th – 9th October it’s Back Care Awareness Week. Organised by the charity BackCare, the aim of the week is to raise the awareness of good back care.
Based on advice from the NHS, here are our top 10 tips for a healthier back:
- 1. Always bend your knees and hips, not your back.
- 2. Walking and swimming are great ways to strengthen your back muscles.
- 3. Never twist and bend at the same time.
- 4. Lift and carry objects close to your body.
- 5. Carry larger loads in a rucksack and avoid sling bags. Try using a back-friendly bag such as a Healthy Back Bag.
- 6. Avoid slumping in your chair, hunching over a desk or walking with your shoulders hunched. Sit with your feet flat on the floor or on a footrest.
- 7. Stop smoking. It's thought that smoking reduces the blood supply to the discs between your vertebrae which may lead to their degeneration.
- 8. Lose any excess weight.
- 9. Choose a mattress that’s suited to your height, weight, age and sleeping position.
- 10. Ensure your footwear has enough support. Look for shoes with shock-absorbing soles and avoid wearing ballet flats or flip flops for long periods of time.
To tie in with Back Care Awareness Week we’re offering you FREE DELIVERY worth £4.99 when you spend £30 or more on any item/s from our Back Comfort Collection. Click here for more information.