You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
Walk your way to health this spring
8 May 2019 15:20:00
National Walking Month is a campaign to promote the benefits of walking and to get as many people as possible involved, no matter what your age or level of fitness.
Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to be more active, lose weight and become healthier. Regular walking can help you to:
- Burn calories and increase your metabolism
- Improve your heart rate and blood pressure
- Improve your mood and help you feel brighter
- Encourage you to discover new things in your area and feel more connected to your community
The organisers of National Walking Month have some top tips to encourage more walking:
- Get yourself a pedometer and aim to walk 10,000 steps a day. Start with one day a week and build to 10k every day.
- Walk to the shops around the corner rather than driving or get off the bus a stop or two early and walk the last 10 minutes to the office.
- Whether you’ve got a meeting at work or are going for a coffee with a friend, the beauty of talking is that you can do it while walking. Go for a stroll together instead of sitting still.
- Motivate yourself to walk more by putting your equivalent petrol money or bus fare into a piggy bank each time you walk. Watch those pennies add up and treat yourself at the end of the month for being so active.
Get yourself kitted out
Ideal for walking, whatever the weather, our CosyTex™ boots and shoes for men and women are 100% waterproof so your feet stay warm and dry. Specially designed to fit swollen feet, their cleated soles offer good grip underfoot and are shock-absorbing which helps take the pressure off your joints. To complete your comfort, team them with our Wool‑rich Softhold® Seam‑free Cushioned Sole Socks. Made with a high percentage of soft Merino wool, they have a cushioned sole, toe and heel for extra comfort and are naturally breathable to keep feet fresh and dry.
If you need some extra cushioning under your feet when you walk, try our Shock-absorbing CosyCushion™ Insoles. They’re made from a special material which reduces impact on your feet and legs and helps prevent ‘step-shock’ which can cause tired feet, a bad back and even headaches. They’re only 3mm thick so they fit into most boots and shoes and have the added benefit of being antibacterial to keep your footwear smelling fresh.
If your feet and legs are weary after all that walking, why not treat them to some well-deserved pampering with our Botanical Foot Soak. It contains B5 (a renowned moisturiser and skin softener), Tea Tree Oil (for its antiseptic properties), Lavender Oil (to cleanse and soothe) and Geranium Oil (for its soothing effect on all skin types). Extracts of Calendula, Sunﬂower and Rosemary combine to give it further cleansing and moisturising beneﬁts.
We have something for everyone in our Walking & Exercise collection.