You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
What else happened in 1983?
30 Jan 2013 10:28:57
What else happened for the first time in 1983?
Cosyfeet was established 30 years ago, back in 1983. We thought it would be fun to find out what else happened for the first time that year. This is what we've discovered so far:
- The one pound coin was introduced in England and Wales
- The Internet was created
- Microsoft Word was first released
- Saga Magazine began publication
- The first heart and lung transplant was carried out in Britain
- ITV launched Blockbusters, a game show hosted by Bob Holness
- The first episode of the historical sitcom Blackadder was broadcast on BBC One
- Wheel clamps were first used to combat illegal parking in London
- Swatch introduced their first watches
- Cabbage Patch Dolls were sold for the first time
- Compact discs were first released
- Breakfast TV started in the UK with the BBC Breakfast Time and TV-am
- Michael Jackson first performed the moonwalk dance
- Sally Ride became the first American woman in space, June 18th, on the Challenger
- James Dyson produced his prototype vacuum cleaner
If you can think of anything else that happened for the first time in 1983, please let us know!