Sign Up for offers & news
Extra Roomy Footwear Buying Guide
This buying guide is designed to help you choose the style of Cosyfeet footwear that’s right for you.
Please click here to view our full Women's Footwear range.
Please click here to view our full Men’s Footwear range.
We understand that new customers are sometimes concerned about getting the perfect fit using our mail order service. However, most customers find that if they order their normal shoe size (e.g. women’s size 5, or a men’s size 8), a Cosyfeet shoe will provide the extra room and comfort they’re looking for. If you normally take a half size and we don’t offer a half size in the style you want, we suggest that you order the smaller full size.
Remember that Cosyfeet footwear is designed for feet that can't fit into ordinary footwear, all our shoes, sandals, boots and slippers are extra wide and extra deep so they’re very roomy.
The majority of our footwear is made in the same extra roomy width fitting: 6E for women and 3H for men. Don’t worry if you don’t know your width size as most of our styles are fully adjustable and can cope with a range of foot shapes and swelling. This means they’re flexible enough to fit feet that swell up during the day, or if one foot is more swollen than the other.
Unlike many other brands of wide fitting footwear, Cosyfeet shoes also benefit from extra depth which means they’re particularly good at fitting feet that are swollen. While some styles can also fit problem toes, bunions, misshapen feet and orthotics.
There is no absolute guarantee, but about 80% of our footwear customers find success first time - and if you count those customers who send goods back to swap for another style or size, that rises to 90%. However, if for any reason you’re not 100% satisfied with your choice, you can exchange for another size or style - or we’ll give you an immediate refund. It’s as simple as that.
- Lace up: These styles tend to give the most secure fit, with plenty of support and adjustment
- Touch-fastening: These offer the most scope for adjustment and are ideal if tying laces is a problem. Strap extensions are available if your feet are exceptionally swollen. These help to lengthen the touch-fastening straps, giving you more fitting flexibility.
- Zip openings: Some of our styles feature zip openings, these are usually coupled with laces. This type of fastening means you can adjust the laces to accommodate your feet, then use the zip fastenings to get them on and off more easily.
- Slip-on: We currently have a few slip-on styles which may not be suitable for everyone, as they offer a lot of room but very little adjustment.
- Leather: The most traditional and hardwearing material. Most of our leather styles are manufactured in Portugal, a country renowned for the quality of its leather footwear.
- Elastane: This super-stretchy material can accommodate the most swollen or misshapen feet. Find out more about our elastane styles here.
- Fabric: Soft and accommodating for the most sensitive of feet. We have a wide range of cotton-lined fabric styles, designed to keep your feet cool in the warmer months.
- CosyTex™: Our range of CosyTex™ footwear is windproof, breathable and 100% waterproof.
- Purewool™: Naturally warm, soft and stretchy, our Purewool™ styles gently mould to your feet for an ultra-comfy fit. Featuring natural climate control meaning you can wear them all year round, wool is also great for sensitive skin as it’s hypoallergenic.
- Flexible polyurethane: This type of sole is flexible, hardwearing and shock-absorbing, as well as being as lightweight as possible. We use polyurethane as a base for the majority of our styles, but with extra elements according to the footwear requirements.
- Our Sport Active™ and CosyTex™ footwear use a combination of PU and TPU, which provides extra grip and durability to key areas of the tread when used in a more active setting.
- Also included in the CosyTex™ range are our high-performance styles which feature a PU mid-sole for shock absorption, and a TPU outer sole which is hardwearing and has excellent grip qualities.
- Flexible rubber: Flexible and lightweight for comfort when walking.
- Our bestselling Purewool™ styles have a rubber sole which is flexible, hardwearing and suitable to use both indoors and outdoors. The Moseyand MoochPurewool™ styles both have a leather sole with added TPU pads, making them perfect for wearing round the house or nipping out during the day.
- All Cosyfeet slippers and elastane styles use a TR direct-moulded sole which is flexible, hardwearing and is suitable to use both indoors and outdoors.
- EVA:Rowan is our only style which features an EVA sole unit, this is due to it being an extra-lightweight material which is best suited to those that are less active, as it is unsuitable for heavy outdoor use.
- Shaped insoles and orthotics: If you need to wear shaped insoles or orthotics, we advise that you look for styles that are especially deep or have removable insoles.
- Adaptations: Bolton Brothers provide orthotic services including sole alterations to allow for leg length discrepancies or other sole/orthotic changes to improve balance and gait. They can add sockets and T-straps for users of callipers. This can be done on any of our styles. Customers can send footwear privately with prescription requirements provided by their doctor, orthotists or other health professional. For further information visit bolton-bros.co.uk
Suitability for Foot Conditions:
All of our footwear has been designed to be wide, deep and roomy enough to comfortably fit even the most challenging of conditions. However, there are some styles that are more suitable for specific conditions than others:
- Arthritis: If you have arthritis, you may find that lace up styles are preferable because they offer the best support. However, if your movement is impaired, we’d recommend a style with a touch-fastening as they’re the easiest to put on, take off and adjust.
- Bunions: Many people suffer from the pain of bunions which can be made worse by trying to fit into standard footwear. Cosyfeet products are made from soft materials and some have especially wide, deep toe boxes to accommodate bunions. Our favourites are styles which are made from elastane that stretches and moulds to the shape of your feet. We would also recommend shoes without seams on the side panels.
- Swollen feet & ankles: All Cosyfeet footwear is Extra Roomy and has been designed to fit swollen feet so whichever style you decide to buy, you’ll be much more comfortable than with a standard shoe. If swelling gets worse during the day, choose a style that has easily adjustable straps. Don’t forget our range of extra roomy socks and extra roomy hosiery which has been specially developed to give a more generous and comfortable fit.
- Problem toes: We would recommend a style with a deep toe box or a seam free toe area. Don’t forget our range of socks for sensitive feet.