You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
Unwind with lavender on National Relaxation Day
11 Aug 2020 13:20:00
Here are some of the ways you can use this versatile oil:
Our top ten uses for lavender oil
1. Add a few drops of Pure Lavender Oil to your bath water. You’ll be surprised at how quickly it helps ease away stress, tension and muscular aches and pains. If you prefer to shower, you can achieve the same effect by adding a few drops of lavender to a sponge or flannel.
2. Our English Lavender Luxury Body Powder is refreshing and calming to use and is perfect for applying after a bath or shower. It can help soothe chaffing or irritated skin from heat rash especially in warmer, creased areas of the body where it can be most prominent.
3. If you have difficulty sleeping, place a few drops of lavender oil under your pillowcase and it will help you relax and nod off. Alternatively, spray a few drops of our Lavender and Chamomile Slumber Mist onto your bedding and let the calming fragrance lull you into a restful night’s sleep.
4. Diluted lavender oil also makes a good household disinfectant. Use to wash floors and clean work surfaces and the inside of your fridge.
5. If you suffer from headaches or migraines, dab a few drops of lavender oil directly onto your temples or add a few drops to a cold compress to your forehead or the back of your neck.
6. For beautifully scented clothes or sheets add a few drops to the final rinse when washing.
7. Add a few drops to a cotton wool ball and place into your extra wide fit shoes overnight to remove any odours.
8. Lavender oil makes an excellent insect repellent – just put a few drops onto a cotton wool ball and place close to open windows and doors and it will keep the flies at bay.
9. If you have a dog or cat place a few drops onto their collar and it will help keep away fleas. If you have an ants nest you can sprinkle a few drops of lavender onto it and just watch them run for cover.
10. Lavender is one of the few essential oils that can be applied sparingly onto the skin directly and it is an excellent first aid remedy for small cuts, scratches, burns, insect bites, wasp and bee stings. Dab a small amount directly onto the affected area and it will quickly help soothe the itching, relieve pain and prevent infection. It is also great for treating spots in the same manner. If you suffer from itchy, rough or dry skin, why not try our Lavender Gel.
Click here to see our collection of lavender products.