You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
Ready, steady... bake!
12 Oct 2020 09:19:34
What are the benefits of home baking?
National Baking Week (14th - 20th October) is a great excuse to head off to the kitchen and create some delicious bakes. Although shop bought cakes and biscuits may save you time, there are lots of benefits to baking at home from scratch:
- 1. Home baked goods are often fresher than shop bought ones which tend to contain preservatives.
- 2. You know exactly what is going into home cooked food and it’s often healthier thanks to a simpler ingredient list.
- 3. You can modify recipes and experiment.
- 4. It’s often cheaper than shop bought goods, especially if you buy your ingredients in bulk.
- 5. You can cater for special diets such as gluten or lactose-free.
- 6. It’s fun and a great way to pass on skills to younger family members.
- 7. It gives you a sense of satisfaction.
- 8. It’s a great way of using up excess crops such as apples, plums or rhubarb.
- 9. Homemade cakes are guaranteed to bring a smile to the faces of your family, friends and work colleagues.
- 10. It’s a good stress-reliever - doing something ‘hands-on’ such as kneading dough can have a calming effect.