To join in the celebrations, why not try your hand at making your own basket flower arrangement. Our simple step-by-step guide will have you making beautiful arrangements in no time!
What you will need:
- A container or basket (waterproof lined)
- Floral foam
- A sink full of cold water
- An elastic band or florist tape
- Secateurs or florist scissors
- Flowers and foliage
1. Float the floral foam on the surface of a sink of water – do not force it under the water as this will create air-pockets:
2. Once soaked – secure it within your container, either with an elastic band, as we have done, or florist tape:
3. Start by creating a foliage outline, this should stem from a central focal point to ensure a pleasing shape. As you do this, you can establish the desired shape, width and height:
4. Add main focal flowers to the top and around the sides:
5. Add filler flowers in between, at different heights to add interest. Place some deep within the design to create depth:
6. Add extra foliage to cover any exposed foam:
7. Check your arrangement from every angle for evenness and foam coverage. Add any decorative touches such as bows, tags, etc and your arrangement is complete:
8. Top up the container with water on a daily basis and your arrangement should last for around two weeks:
A big thank you to our local florist from Abundiflora in Glastonbury for providing such a great step-by-step guide.
Have you made your own arrangement? We’d love to see it! Send your photos to email@example.com and we’ll share them on social media.