With rain and drizzle forecast, we have collected some top horticultural tips and the best outdoor styles to wear when tending to the garden this month…
- Keep weeds under control without using chemicals with manual removal – this will prevent any damage occurring to surrounding areas.
- Protect fruit blossom from any late frosts as the new flowers and buds in springtime are particularly vulnerable to frost.
- Tie in and prune your climbing and/ or rambling roses as without regular maintenance they can become a tangled mess with very few flowers.
- Be sure to sow hardy annuals, herbs and wild flowers – the secret is to prepare a good seedbed, free from weeds with a crumbly-textured soil.
- Sow new lawns or repair bare patches as this will prevent weeds germinating, as well as making your lawn look nicer.
When gardening in unpredictable weather, keeping your feet dry can cause problems! We recommend our CosyTex™ waterproof styles for all your outdoor needs.
Specially designed to fit swollen feet and ideal for walking, these good-looking, 100% waterproof shoes and boots are both comfy and practical. The cleated soles offer good grip underfoot and are shock-absorbing for extra comfort. The water-repellent leather combined with our waterproof, breathable CosyTex™ membrane ensures your feet stay fresh and dry.
Stanley and Livingstone
Our 100% waterproof styles for men are perfect whatever the weather; featuring a breathable, windproof and waterproof CosyTex™ membrane as well as a cleated, shock-absorbing sole unit for extra comfort when out and about.
Stanley and Livingstone for men