In our December Newsletter Competition we offered you the chance to win a luxury Fortnum & Mason Christmas hamper worth £100.
Richard from Leicestershire correctly answered the questions in our Christmas quiz and was chosen at random as the winner.
The correct answers were as follows:
1. How many of Santa’s reindeer begin with the letter D? Three – Dasher, Dancer and Donner
2. In which fictional world, created by CS Lewis, is it always winter but never Christmas? Narnia
3. Complete the lyrics: ‘On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me…’ Eleven pipers piping
4. Which author wrote ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ in 1957? Dr Seuss
5. What is Scrooge’s first name in the Charles Dickens novel ‘A Christmas Carol’? Ebenezer
6. In which decade did Slade have a Christmas number 1 with ‘Merry Xmas Everybody’? 1970s
7. What is the name of the actor who plays 'Elf' in the popular Christmas film? Will Ferrell
8. What is the name of the singing snowman in ‘Frozen’? Olaf
9. What time is the Queen’s speech traditionally broadcast on Christmas Day? 3pm
10. By what name is St Stephen’s Day better known in the UK? Boxing Day
Richard kindly sent us this photo of himself with the winning hamper. Well done Richard!