Sleep plays a vital role in both your health and wellbeing. Getting enough good-quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety. But how can we ensure that we get enough? Here are some simple tips which may help:
- Try, as much as possible, to have a regular bedtime as this helps to set your internal body clock.
- Create a restful sleeping environment. Your bedroom should be neither too hot, nor too cold; and as quiet and dark as possible.
- Create a good sleep environment by removing televisions and other technology from your bedroom.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable. It’s difficult to get a deep, restful sleep if it’s too soft, too hard, too small or too old.
- Try to relax before going to bed with a warm bath. Adding a few drops of our Pure Lavender Oil to the water may help you sleep better. Spraying your pillow or bedding with our soothing Lavender & Chamomile Slumber Mist can also help you to relax and unwind at bedtime.
- Be sure to exercise. Regular, moderate exercise such as swimming or walking in your extra wide fit shoes can help relieve the day’s stresses and strains. But not too close to bedtime as it may keep you awake.
- Avoid caffeine in tea, coffee or cola in the evening. It interferes with falling asleep and prevents deep sleep. Have a hot milky drink or herbal tea instead.
- Too much food or alcohol, especially late at night, can play havoc with sleep patterns. Alcohol may help you fall asleep initially, but will interrupt your sleep later on in the night.
- Try wearing our Super-soft Bed Socks. According to research, you are more likely to fall asleep quickly if your feet and hands are warm.
- If you can’t sleep, don’t lie there worrying about it. Get up and do something you find relaxing until you feel sleepy again - then go back to bed.
We hope you’ve discovered some simple yet effective ways to relax this season, and get a well-needed good night’s sleep. To discover our full relaxation range, click here.