You have no items in your Shopping Basket.
National Walking Month
2 May 2017 09:32:53
Walk your way to health this spring
National Walking Month is a campaign to promote the benefits of walking and to get as many people as possible involved, no matter what your age or level of fitness.
Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to be more active, lose weight and become healthier. Regular walking can help you to:
- Burn calories and increase your metabolism
- Improve your heart rate and blood pressure
- Improve your mood and help you feel brighter
- Encourage you to discover new things in your area and feel more connected to your community
The organisers of National Walking Month have some top tips to encourage more walking:
- Get yourself a pedometer and aim to walk 10,000 steps a day. Start with one day a week, and build to 10k every day.
- Walk to the shops around the corner rather than driving, or get off the bus a stop or two early and walk the last 10 minutes to the office.
- Whether you’ve got a meeting at work or are going for a coffee with a friend, the beauty of talking is that you can do it while walking. Go for a stroll together instead of sitting still.
- Motivate yourself to walk more by putting your equivalent petrol money or bus fare in a piggy bank each time you walk. Watch those pennies add up and treat yourself at the end of the month for being so active.
Get yourself kitted out
Protect your knees and ankles when you’re on the go with our Move shoe. Ideal for walking, it’s incredibly shock-absorbing and has an exceptional level of underfoot comfort.
Don’t let rain stop play! Our walking boots and shoes for men and women are 100% waterproof so your feet stay protected whatever the weather. Choose from Minnie and Moose for women and Stanley and Livingstone for men.
Wearing the right socks is just as important as wearing the right shoes. Our Active Wool Seam-free Sock is a superb sock for walking. Stretchy and cushioning for comfort, it’s also breathable, anti-bacterial, odour resistant and great at absorbing moisture.
Make walking more comfortable with a specialist insole. Our Shock-absorbing CosyCushion™ Insoles are made from a bouncy, cushioning material while our DuoSoft Plus Insoles are ideal if you have arthritis or very sensitive feet.
Do you have any favourite walks in your local area that you’d like to share with other customers? Email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!