Would you like to win a West Country Hamper worth £45? To take part in our quiz about Somerset, simply email your answers to email@example.com by 1st October 2015. The winner will be picked at random from the correct entries. Good luck!
- 1. What does the name Somerset literally translate as?
- 2. What is the name of Somerset’s county town?
- 3. Can you name 2 counties which border Somerset?
- 4. What is the name of the river which runs through Taunton?
- 5. How many steps does Jacob’s Ladder in Cheddar have?
- 6. Where can you see the famous Witch of Wookey?
- 7. In what year was the first Glastonbury festival held?
- 8. In what year did the Battle of Sedgemoor take place?
- 9. Somerset has 2 cites. One is Bath: what is the other?
- 10. Who was hung drawn and quartered on Glastonbury Tor in 1539 as part of the Dissolution of the Monasteries?
Terms & Conditions
By submitting an entry to our competition you are consenting to us using your name on our website and in future newsletters. Competition entries must be received by 1st October 2015.