Designed for more challenging conditions, our high-performance version of Maisie has a special ‘self-clearing’ tread that works extremely well in mud, ice and snow.
The outsole is ideal for wearing in low temperatures as it’s made from TPU, a strong, flexible material that won’t crack when it’s cold. It also benefits from a special tread design that works extremely well in snow, clearing impacted snow when flexed. The deep cleats and heel profile provide good grip and it's very stable when walking on uneven surfaces.
The midsole is made from PU which provides lightness, flexibility and shock-absorption and makes walking more comfortable.
The water-repellant leather and nubuck combined with our breathable, windproof and waterproof CosyTex™membrane keeps feet fresh, warm and dry, whatever the weather.
Why you’ll love Maisie High-Performance...
- 100% waterproof to keep feet dry in all weathers
- Breathable and with climate control to keep feet comfy and fresh
- Windproof to keep feet warm and comfy
- Roomier than it looks due to hidden-depth design
- Twin, touch-fastening straps adjust to fit swelling
- Seam-free toe area is ideal for problem toes
- Lightweight sole is durable, shock-absorbing and cleated for good grip
- Outsole tread design works well in mud, ice and snow and is stable on uneven surfaces
- Soft, padded collar fits both swollen and slimmer ankles
- Cushioned footbed can be removed to fit an orthotic
- Strap extensions are available for very swollen feet
What makes Maisie High-Performance waterproof?
The CosyTex™ membrane between the leather and the lining is at the heart of this waterproof shoe. It’s an extremely thin layer of polytetrafluoroethylene, a strong, tough, waxy resin which has millions of tiny pores per square inch. Due to its microporous structure, it has some amazing characteristics.
From out to in it's very durable and waterproof, allowing you to stay dry and enjoy your activity in comfort. From in to out it allows sweat to pass through and helps reduce overheating and perspiration build up. The membrane and lining seams are sealed using a waterproof tape which is applied by specialist equipment and machinists.